Makhani Masala Kit - 375 g
Imagine transforming the ingredients you love into your favourite takeout curry at home. Just like your local Indian restaurant, our two-step spice kit blends savoury flavours with a velvety and sweet tomato-based sauce that’s finished with our special garam masala blend. Enriched with ground cashews, butter and dairy cream or vegan (it’s your choice!) you’ll be mastering this dish in no time flat.
Tip: To impart a smoky bbq flavour, try cooking poultry, seafood or red meat with our tandoori marinade before adding to the Makhan sauce.
Makhan sauce: Tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies, cashews, butter*, vegetable oil, cream*, cardamom, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt, fenugreek leaves
Garam masala: coriander, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, peppercorns, chilis, cloves, nutmeg, star anise, turmeric, bay leaves, herbs & spices.
* The vegan kit is made with vegan dairy alternatives.
- If using Tandoori Marinade, follow instructions as per package. Set fully cooked product aside in a saucepan and go to step 5.
- If NOT using Tandoori Marinade: In a mixing bowl, add 500 g of your preferred protein or vegetables - chicken, lamb, beef, pork, tilapia, paneer, mushrooms or sweet potato and more. Add salt per your taste and mix well.
- Heat 1 to 2 tbsp oil in a medium or large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add protein or vegetables and sauté until fully cooked.
- Lower heat and Add 12 oz (355 ml) of Makhani sauce and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add hot water or stock for desired consistency. Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle desired amount of garam masala and mix well.
Optional garnishes: Garnish with up to three of the following: chopped coriander or mint; ginger matchsticks, pomegranate arils, fresh or fried sliced onions, ghee or butter, spritz of lemon.
Serve with naan or roti.
- No artificial preservatives, colourings, or flavourings.
- Suitable for vegetarians. Vegan option available.
- The tandoori marinade is a refrigerated product. Keep it in the fridge and consume within 7 days of purchase. Alternatively the product can be frozen up to 1 month. Defrost marinade in fridge and use within 48 hours. Do not refreeze.
- The makhan sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days after purchase, or frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost sauce in the fridge and use within 48 hours. Do not refreeze.
- Keep the garam masala in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- This product is made and packaged in Brampton, Ontario in facilities where soy, dairy products, wheat, and nuts may be present.
For health and safety issues, we cannot accept returns, but we want you to be happy with our purchase. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please let us know within 24 hours of receiving it.
Email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our very best to make things right.
Just finished making a meal with your Makhan Masala. It was delicious. It had just the right amount of spiciness. I will certainly try your other kits and recommend you to my friends. I am glad I found your website.
Your service is outstanding. Thank you.
For someone like me, who has always been disappointed with ready-made products, either on store shelves or sold as kits, this one just blew me away! I love the authentic flavours, impeccable quality and the rich aroma and taste. It is the most affordably priced (one kit can easily feed 6). For a busy professional, this discovery will make meals in my home so much faster and easier!
Thank you Amanda for such great quality ! The care with which you make these can clearly be tasted!
My new best friend is Chilly Paste's Makhan Masala Kit.
What used to take hours to prepare, now takes only minutes --
and it tastes much better. I like that you can also choose to make it hot, medium, or mild.
Have it as Chicken Masala, Beef or Lamb Masala, and
enjoy your gourmet meal! I'm going to make the Raita to go with it.
Thank you Amanda!