Cucumber and Tomato Raita
This simple and refreshing cucumber and tomato raita only takes a few minutes to make. It’s great for cooling down fiery curries, but it also goes well with biryanis and pulaos, and it’s great as a sauce for sandwiches or grilled meats.
- ½ medium onion
- ½ an English cucumber, peeled
- 1 small ripe tomato, cored
- 125 ml (approximately 15 g or ½ cup) loosely packed mint leaves
- 60 ml (¼ cup) coriander leaves
- 375 g (360 ml or approximately 1½ cups) plain yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
Garnish: pomegranate arils (optional)
What you’ll need:
A cutting board and sharp knife, mixing bowl, and spoon.
- Chop the onion, cucumber, and tomato into small pieces and add to a bowl. Finely chop the herbs and add to the vegetables. Add the yogurt, chaat masala, salt, and sugar. Mix so everything is well coated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with pomegranate arils if desired.
- This cucumber and tomato raita is best made just before serving. Transfer any leftovers into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to three days. Stir the raita before serving.